IFI/VEX Response

What a wild turn of events, I really did get out at the right time.

1 Like

Interesting to compare-and-contrast this response to how PROS, a community of volunteers, handled ousting one of their senior members.

1 Like

What a disgraceful and utterly disgusting response this is to several reports of misconduct throughout the IFI/VEX organizational structure. For a company who’s mission statement is:

We create tools that educators and mentors will use to shape the learners of today into the problem solving leaders of tomorrow .

You sure are showing a great display of leadership to those who you wish to shape. You refuse to take responsibility for the rampant problems littered throughout your company and you attempt to attack those who have come out to speak of their situations.

The fact that some women hold leadership positions in the company does not discredit the harassment and misconduct experienced by other female employees, and all employees, for that matter.

It’s no wonder you haven’t received any complaints when the department responsible for handling said claims is complicit with these complaints and goes out of its way to silence those who attempt to speak out.

Are you serious? You’ve reduced the claims against you to simple attacks formulated by faceless attackers with some vendetta against you. You can’t even acknowledge a single one of the complaints.

You should be ashamed of this response. Whoever was responsible for the drafting and approval of this should be fired immedietly. It’s embarassing.

1 Like

I’m going to be completely honest here. This stuff sucks, but what has truly inspired me is the VEX community rising up to fight this battle together. Ever since I saw the first complaint on the forum everyone seemed to be lifting each other up and mourning together. I am glad I can call this community my friends. Thank you all, I love each and every one of you, and this truly has inspired me and I hope this is put down in VEX history. We basically are all highschoolers, showing we can band together for a common goal and especially showing that we can team up against evil. Thank you for your time, and I hope we can get this sorted out.

1 Like

Tony Norman’s Instagram page has been set to private.

2 Likes

Ever since I saw the first complaint on the forum everyone seemed to be lifting each other up and mourning together.

I don’t think mourning is the right word to use for this.

1 Like

Treat forum members with respect… Unless they’re brave enough to call you out on your history of harassment, in which case call them liars out to ruin your company.

Tony, the only person destroying your company right now is you. And if this is making you feel bad, imagine how bad you made your employees feel.

2 Likes

Sorry, I guess the word i should have used was supporting

1 Like

Love how this was posted from the generic “VEX_Robotics” account with no signature of who wrote it at the bottom. Great job taking accountability, we wouldn’t have expected anything less from you!

1 Like

what do you mean its a corporate entity that means you can trust them

1 Like

Tony Norman sits on the board of directors of the Crisis Center of Northeast Texas.

2 Likes

i wonder if terry jones is one of the off duty sheriffs at tony’ parties

1 Like

vex getting ratio’d makes my day

1 Like

how ironic

20 chars :wink:

1 Like

i have yet to introduce my own thoughts and feelings into this topic. after reading the multiple threads, allegations, after trying to understand why this company that always strives to bringing people together to is refusing to address this, is disappointing. i dont have much to say in any terms because im not the most intelligent when it comes to situations like this or how to address them. but, i walked into this year so excited to produce a competitive robot, one that i can be proud of, with the products from a company, i, used to love. we are all disappointed collectively, maybe even angry at them for disregarding peoples thoughts, feelings, emotions, allegations, and completely turning the situation around back on the people who were probably scared years ago. i dont know what to say anymore. this is my first and probably last post in any of the topics. i appreciate all of the community coming together and addressing this and fighting for what is correct. thank you everyone. it sparks hope for the next generation.

1 Like

see that’s the funny thing, you can’t be disappointed if you already had poor expectations

1 Like

I still was.

1 Like

This is the least official official account I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 1.01.15 AM

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 1.02.41 AM

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 1.03.28 AM

1 Like

Pro tip if a lawyer actually did write this: don’t tacitly imply that there would be retribution (read: retaliation) if employees made credible allegations of harassment while they were still at the company…

3 Likes