IFI/VEX Response

This response is the absolute worst case of gaslighting that I’ve ever seen. Whoever wrote this, shame on you.

1 Like

This is really sad to see. I was expecting a better response when I saw what Dan said. Then there’s this? Speechless.

1 Like

The reason, is because members of the FRC community began to learn about the toxic workplace at IFI. They learned this through Glassdoor reviews, which were only brought to light because someone on Chief Delphi had brought up several (valid) QC issues. This led to people discovering posts about QC issues on Glassdoor, which led to the discovery of posts detailing the toxic workplace at IFI.

The discussion that ensued gave former employees a platform to discuss their own experiences. Now I cannot speak for them and why this was not brought up earlier, but for now I can only assume they did so to corroborate the Glassdoor reviews. It seems like it became the right time and place to discuss their experiences. As more and more people began to talk about their experiences, this gave people the confidence to talk about experiences with former mentors/IFI personnel, with some being horrifyingly disturbing. This also spread over to this forum, as it also deals with IFI related content, with people coming forward about their own experiences with people in the VEX community. If you want to learn more (which I believe you should), there are several threads here that detail those experiences.

The fact that you have no clue as to why they are being discussed is frankly alarming. It shows that whoever has written/reviewed this post has not been keeping up with the Chief Delphi thread and is basically trying to save face with this pathetic excuse of a “response”. It shows they have little care about the events that have unfolded.

This quote is particularly alarming, as it shows VEX may be putting the allegations in question (and potentially denying them). It also shows they have yet to have taken the time to review them and verify their validity. I dearly hope IFI will take the careful time to review each and every one of them and ensure their underlying causes are dealt with, as we would hope any company would do.

TL;DR: Shame on whoever posted this “response” for being essentially in the dark on the events that have unfolded. We hoped for at least a decent response, and whatever the heck this was certainly is not it.

2 Likes

It has been happening for around 11 years by now, Vex/IFI just fix it not that hard, also just admit your mistake. Admitting solves some things rather than just saying there are attackers trying to attack us. “We are the victims”.

1 Like

2 Likes

IFI to Blizzard: “Hold my beer”

1 Like

He replied to me.

(20 char)

1 Like

It doesn’t help when your Human Resources managers are the ones being reported for sexual harassment in the first place

1 Like

Thats it, no apology, no commitment to do better, and no acknowledgement of your wrongdoing? Just accusing your former employees, many of whom are pillars of this community, of libel, and essentially saying “shut up or I’ll sue you.”? This is beyond poor management of this issue.

Now heres a few more issues with your post:

This right here is the corporate equivalent of “I’m not racist, I have a black friend.”

You would know why this is the case if you had read @chuck.glick 's post more closely.

Writing these people who have come forward about the toxic work environment, many of whom are very well respected within the community, is not a winning strategy. These arent anonymous posters on 4chan making wild broad accusations. These are real people who have been active in the community for as long as there has really been a Vex community citing specific grievances.

1 Like

rip vex, I’m honestly mind blown. I Didn’t think a company so involved in education could be subject to something like this.

1 Like

Vex, you goofed up big time. Responding to these horrible accusations by saying it’s “cancel culture” is absolutely pathetic. Calling brave people who share their traumatic experiences “attackers” is one of the most disrespectful things you could do. Get yourselves together and fix this.

1 Like

The fact that you gave this horrible of a statement to clear your non-existent conscious speaks volumes.

I, along with many other former employees could publish a novel on the sexual harassment, verbal harassment and overall toxic work environment we had to endure.
And what happened when complaints were made? It was swept under the big IFI rug, by executives and Human Resources. Not that the HR dept had much choice either… their career was at risk too by not defending their colleagues.

Your statement is trash, and shows exactly how you try to cover your ■■■… by doing nothing at all. I hope this opens eyes of all your partners & the appropriate action is taken to dispose of this behavior for good.

1 Like
1 Like

This is atrocious. This sounds like it came off some enraged perpetrator’s desk and got minimal edits from a complicit HR, and I’m willing to bet that’s exactly what happened.

1 Like

Just linking notable posts from the chief delphi responses.

1 Like

So vex, yall are straight up calling everyone who testified on this a liar?

1 Like

This is disgusting. Do better.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

1 Like

While this topic is worthy of response, I would like to point out that @sidoti specifically said this:

Screenshot 2022-11-15 5.34.55 PM

and there have been numerous violations in this thread. Many valuable members of the community may be banned if this is enforced, so implore you to be more civilized.

1 Like