Over Under - 2023-2024 Game

Would be be allowed to put a part of our robot like a arm inside the loading zone and just load directly onto the the part of the robot that is in the loading zone or does the triball have to touch the floor first?

2 Likes

The robot just needs to be touching part of the loading zone, Match Load Triballs may be introduced by a Drive Team Member in one of two ways:
“1. By placing the Match Load gently onto a Match Load Zone. This may be done at any time
during the Driver Controlled Period, provided that no other rules are Violated.
a. “Throwing,” “rolling,” or otherwise imparting enough energy onto a Triball such that it
bounces out of the Match Load Zone is not permitted.
b. Note that the Match Load Zone refers to the foam tile itself; it is not a three-dimensional
volume. There is no rules-bound limit for how many Triballs may be in the Match Load
Zone at any given time, provided that new Match Loads are placed directly onto the foam
tile without violating any other rules.
2. By placing the Match Load gently onto a Robot from the Drive Team Member’s Alliance.
a. The Robot must be contacting the Match Load Zone or the Match Load Bar.
b. Rules and still apply to this interaction; there should be no reason for a Robot
to extend outside of the field perimeter during this action.”

1 Like

so if the robot is just touching the outer edge of the match load bar, the drive team can place the acorn on any part of the robot?

1 Like

Pretty sure that’s what the rule says

1 Like

guys i think this is the year turrets win worlds whos with me

2 Likes

I’ll eat a Triball if a turret wins worlds for Over Under.

That’s going to happen now that you said it

7 Likes

I apologize for reviving this topic, but I didn’t want to create a new topic for this, and this topic is only a month old.

We are a school team, and don’t get registered as a team by the school until next school year. However, this also means we can’t ask questions on the Q&A. I was wondering if someone who is a registered team could ask a question on the Q&A for me?

If so, please reply or DM me and I’ll send it (I wanted to see if anyone could ask it before I wrote it). Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m slightly late, but it does have constant width as the corners are rounded, if the corners were sharp the width would be near constant however the shape the triball is, is constant