Over Under - 2023-2024 Game

With the new game name just being dropped (if you haven’t seen it you can watch it here), we might as well start theorizing what it’s going to be. What do you y’all think about the game name? Feel free to post ideas, thoughts, and if you have them, maybe a couple leaks :shushing_face:

When the game gets dropped at worlds we can also use this to talk about important rules, ideas, stuff like that. Anything about the new game.

So… over under?

6 Likes

There will be a 12 x 12 ft field, with objects going over and under field elements

6 Likes

I’m guessing there will be ramps or something with tunnels underneath. Or, the game objects themselves are to be placed in high and low places above and below each other.

2 Likes

We’re going to be swimming over and under objects in the water, don’t loose hope in the water game

11 Likes

google bard said

I think the Vex Game Over Under will be a close game. Both teams are evenly matched, and it will come down to who makes the fewest mistakes. I would put the over/under at 55 points.

edit, it was betting on a vex game :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m getting heavy bridge game vibes just from this name.

6 Likes

That does sound cool!

1 Like

A few fences and barriers dividing the field (like Toss Up), and objects that can only be scored below and above said fences

I did not realize how unsophisticated this would sound.
Let me try again,
Stacking, but the “arm” has to reach under a fence then upwards to stack.
And objects will only be accessible from a match load station on the other side of the field, where the robot will need to traverse over terrain and under fences to get objects.

2 Likes

Hey guys, turns out the teaser wasn’t so boring after all. If you read the first letter of all the words in the video backwards, it gives what looks like the last bit of a URL - minus the forward slashes. After a bit of trial and error I managed to add them back in the right spots, and chucked vexrobotics.com at the start and voilà! Feast your eyes on this gem: https://vexrobotics.com/hidden2324/overunder/dontleakgamemanualbetaoverunder.pdf

1 Like

At 0:22 of the name reveal video there is a QR code :eyes:

10 Likes

I didnt realize Over Under was actually just a Rick Astley parody!

3 Likes

Wow i didnt know they renamed the game to vex vrc rick roll

3 Likes

Ok but actually this isn’t a joke. If you go to 0:22 in the reveal video there is a QR code that leads to a Rick roll :joy::joy:

3 Likes

photo evidence in case anyone needs it

edit: sorry about the blur, I had my resolution turned way down

5 Likes

It’s literally there for like a frame, how did you discover that? xD.

1 Like

Well obviously over under is a water game, as previously mentioned. There will be boats (over) and submarines (under) Any robot fully submerged during the last 10 seconds will be given 40 points.

5 Likes

Wait how is the game Over Under if they’d Never Give Us Up or Let Us Down?

23 Likes

Pretty sure the IFI already has

9 Likes

GUYS I FOUND THE MANUAL bit.ly/OverUnderManual

2 Likes

Ok I have a bit of the theory on what Over Under is gonna be about.

So in the first game name reveal for Spin Up they used a transition that had circles in it.

Cirlces=Discs

For Over Under, many people speculate that there will be a bridge where you can go Over and Under it. Right after the reveal, there is a section telling us to see the full game unveil, with an arch-like design with steps right below it, with a person standing there.

Now assuming that VEX had put the circle transition in the Spin Up name reveal to reference the discs, the arch might be the bridge, also meaning we have stairs on the bridge too.

18 Likes