Sizing Box Violations With A Tipped Robot (Vex IQ)

On December 6, I posted this question on the official QnA:

Since it has been well over the time that the official usage guidelines of the QnA state, I have decided to ask it here, in the hopes that I will get an answer. I also have another question regarding this subject. If the robot would be legal laying on its back, ie when it was inspected, could it start on its front after that, instead of having to tip over? Because my interpretation of the robot being inspected in its starting configuration regards it mechanically, as in the mechanisms, rather than orientation, because that would then ban a robot from starting at an angle, or backwards, which is legal due to the unique definition of starting position this year.

2 Likes

Ok, so a few things, in the past in VRC as long as the tipping over had no strategical advantage like being used to circumvent the sizing/ expansion rules, than the tipping would not be considered a major violation of the rule and would just result in a warning. This season once again In VRC this qna talks about the orientation of the sizing box and I assume it would be similar with VIQC, as both rules have similar enough wording, and the same GDC.

2 Likes