Fun Facts

I’m working on a list of random, VEX related fun facts for a website. I wanted to know, what are your favorite VEX related fun facts?

2 Likes

You gotta include DRow for GDC and water game

5 Likes

Fun fact: literally nobody ever has gotten sleep when there is a half-finished auton the day before a competition.

7 Likes

There is an easter egg or something in the Tower Takeover game reveal where one of the robot brains says “DRow for GDC” on it.

15 Likes

Fun fact: whenever you finish coding an auton the day before a competition it will fail to work at the competition, even though it was working the night before.

11 Likes

fun fact: if you program the auton in the hours before the competition starts, it will have a 75% chance of working 100% of the time, and a 25% chance of making you lose auton every time

10 Likes

Fun fact: if you have an auton you have never had at a comp before, it with 99.98% gives the other teams the auton win. The rest of the time ends up in a fail.

4 Likes

fun fact: it hurts when you shoot yourself in the face with a full field endgame expansion mechanism

bonus fun fact: don’t look directly down the barrel of an endgame expansion mechanism as you are loading it

6 Likes

Bonus Bonus Fun Fact: I shot my teammate in the balls with my old endgame.

Bonus Bonus Bonus Fun Fact: He said it didn’t hurt

6 Likes

Fun fact, Dont look down the barrel of any type of projectile, even if it is not loaded.

4 Likes

What kind of fun facts are we trying to come up with here? Stuff in the style of loading screen tips?

1 Like

Here’s a fun fact I learned this year:
You can print up to 3 lines of text on the controller screen

1 Like

Endgame can be an easy way to score points, but beware of S2 violations!

5 Likes

Trapping is usually limited to 5 seconds, but traps that begin in the Endgame have no time limit!

I think this is a good style.

5 Likes

You can expand up to 24 inches inside of a 2" diameter vertical cylinder when outside the low goal!

2 Likes

Be safe out there!

-GDC

7 Likes

I think this should be utilized more, for people with 4m drive trains.

For instance, add a rack and pinion system and drive around with this c channel sticking up out of your robot. this could help you block shots and endgame.

1 Like

Every robot is held together by some combination of standoffs, shaft collars, rubber bands, and zip ties.

1 Like

Technically, you could make a zip-tie only bot…

1 Like

fun fact: Murphy’s law is real and you should fear it

8 Likes