Funniest things you've seen at competition

Share the funniest things you’ve seen at competitions wether it’s a robot or a thing that happened in a match share it here
I’ll start at one of my competitions I saw a team playing risk

2 Likes

Was not at a compitition i went to but one time a robot catapulted another robot

10 Likes

Had my expansion get stuck running skills. My coach gets in the field to score, and the expansion fires. Nearly hit him, I literally missed by an inch :skull:

1 Like

Another robot somehow latched onto my string expansion and yanked it out of my robot and across the field.

2 Likes

Sounds like a skill issue tbh

2 Likes

There was also a person who got shot in the hand with a expansion I feel bad for him cause a piece of c channel launching at your hand can’t feel good

I heard him scream from the pits :skull:

3 Likes

I fired our endgame and it went across the field and hit someone in the head.

4 Likes

I shot somebody in the knee with mine on accident, the GoPro on our robot recorded it too.

5 Likes

At states someone intaked another bot’s battery.

3 Likes

At a regional competition our bot flipped but the endgame was still fired, it went straight vertical almost hitting a scorekeeper in the eye. :grimacing:

2 Likes

At our state comp, the reff told our sister team that my team was supposed to be in the match, but we were both teamed with eachother.

1:34
I think I just witnessed an illegal(G12)

Tipping a robot is definitely not a g12 violation…

2 Likes

Oh no not in the slightest, I just put that G12 note in there for fun. The “just push em over” doesn’t insinuate an intentional strategy meant to tip over an opposing robot. Perfectly legal under G12

You see our robots sole intent is not to tip over other robots henceforth it was legal. Plus, that robot was kinda hard to not tip over, they only had three wheels and were tipped over in loads of their other matches

That second part is fair,that’s just poor design choices on their part they’re almost guaranteed to get tipped like that, but the first part is irrelevant. It is not the robot design but the strategy that is designed to tip that is illegal, as defined in G12. So if your intent from an action was to tip them over, and you succeeded, that could be seen as intentionally tipping an opposing robot and hence a violation of G12.

I swear I remember someone on VF complaining their battery got intaked by another team and narrowly missed out on worlds qualification.

4 Likes

I’m like 99% sure that it actually was them.

3 Likes