Fullscreen Doom on the V5

april fools, vex

8 Likes

now all you need to do is put it on an iq brain, then ill be really impressed

2 Likes

I don’t have an IQ brain

My mentor did this a while ago. It was really cool to see it then, and it’s cool to see it now! iirc he did it on a beta brain it was so long ago, granted our beta brain is our test brain for gui stuff

2 Likes

has anyone managed to do this for vexcode pro v5?

1 Like

This doesn’t require either platform to run, I’m just suggesting using the PROS as a method to upload the binary

2 Likes

Now that full-screen is possible how long till soneone makes a whitescreen button

Yeah I wonder how long it’ll take before somebody does this…

Lol have fun you’ll never figure it out

2 Likes

99% sure I’ve heard of it being done before

1 Like

the only problem with a white screen button is that you need to change the way the OS runs while it should be white-screened bc a ref shouldn’t be able to do anything to turn it off besides unplugging the robot. i’ve thought long and hard, and i’ve heard of vexu teams trying but they couldn’t figure it out

2 Likes

There was a team that did do this a couple of years ago. They refused to show the code to anyone, and they only used it once or twice.

2 Likes

Proof? I find this highly unlikely.

1 Like

How hard is it to do? Is it the type of thing that is hard to discover but easy to implement, or is both hard?

you will never need to worry about it

1 Like

Cryptic.

Either this is a joke or actually works.

1 Like

If it works on either platform, that might mean it’s a really low level thing that has to do with interfacing the actual firmware of the brain directly, instead of indirectly with something like PROS or Vexcode. In that case, it actually would be really hard to discover. Or the precompiled code comes with a copy of PROS or something, who knows.

I clearly don’t have any idea how this works.

Edit: Actually it makes sense that compiled code would compile with its libraries, nvm.

Edit:

Ideas:

• You do this reaaally specific thing, like print a specific value, or name something a certain thing.
  • Interface directly with the firmware, using some sort of API or directly changing and accessing bytes.
  • It’s done with Assembly.
1 Like

It was a team in Colorado, someone in vexcad was talking abt it a couple months ago.

I’m too lazy to find it again.

1 Like

I very much don’t believe you.

3 Likes